The following information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using this drug.
SALICYLIC ACID OR SALICYLIC ACID COMBINATIONS - TOPICAL (LIQ,SOLN)
This medication is used on the skin to remove warts and to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions.
How To Use
This medication is for topical use only. It is usually used at night. For best results, soak the skin area for at least five minutes prior to using this. Use a brush or cloth to wipe off any loose skin. Apply a thin film of the medication to the area using the special applicator if supplied and cover the area if directed to do so. Wash hands after use. Wash off medication in the morning. Be careful when applying this medication as it can irritate normal skin around the application site. Do not use large amounts, apply this more often or use this for a longer period than directed. Your condition will not clear faster, but the chance for side effects may be increased. Avoid contact with the eyes, face and genitals. If contact occurs, flush the area with cool water for 15 minutes.
This medication may cause burning, redness and peeling skin. Notify your doctor if these symptoms become bothersome. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: diabetes, poor circulation, any allergies (especially to salicylic acid). This medication should be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. This medication is not recommended for use by nursing women. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take including any skin products or aspirin products. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. This medicine may be harmful if swallowed.
Avoid getting this medication on clothing, wood, plastic, metal or other surfaces as it can cause damage.
If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as remembered; do not apply it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Store this out of reach of children.